Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Under Rug Swept

I used to think that this album was written for the tragedy of me and you. In the years that form a barricade between us, it becomes more and more apparent.

I remember listening to this song and thinking that this would be how it ended, this is how I'd perceive you when Time had given my aging eyes a rosed glint. The end apparent before the beginning had even graced the horizon.

I wonder how far beneath the rug you have swept us, whether the sins of ourselves are condemned to pure shadow, or whether you air them occassionally, batting off the tears that undoubtably have grown there during your negligence.

We became a secret because we thought we deserved to be unspoken. We took a greedy, ashamed take on our love and that was our condemnation in the end.

1 comment:

  1. I have found you!!


    I like this piece. It really makes me think :)
    I wrote a small poem in response to it. Nothing near as amazing as yours but it just shows you that you can write because you can inspire others to write.

    This piece reminded me of that one guy I was telling you about that moved to Poland. His name is Rodney ("Milo"). Before we broke up I told him that if we ever broke up that I would listen to a particular song and think of him. My heart knew that it wasn't a matter of 'if' but 'when'. And when we did break up there was a whole list of songs I heard that reminded me of him. (I'll list a few)

    Let Go- M-flo
    Earthquake- The Used
    Anywhere But Here- Sick Puppies

    Hmm...that's all I can think of off the top of my head. If I remember any more, I'll send them to you.

    ReplyDelete